Phoenix War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pricing Concerns

+2
rizvana
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Pricing Concerns

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:26 pm

One Main Issue we have is pricing concerns. This sould be streamlined

Many of you are deeply concered with this process and how you will get paid and I want to make it fair and managable for everyone involved in this project. To be fair and balanced I would like for you all to agreen on one fixed price that all of you will share.

I want in reality and in common sense a flat rate of $50-$65 dollars per 2500 words

Steve Said this:
Allan,

I like your vision and your ideas for this novel and magazine. I think I can populate your world with intriguing and entertaining characters and plot lines for your readers. I also understand that you are just starting out on what hopes to be a glorious adventure for all concerned.

That having been said, my bid (which you had accepted) was for 330.00 for stories of the length you describe, which while considerably more than even the top amount of the range you mention here, it is considerably less than my usual rates of .50 to 1.00 per word for such submissions, offered in recognition of your "start-up" status. I understand that you are working with many writers, some of whom may be just starting out, students, or are otherwise in acceptance of such rates, and that may be the case with whom you addressed this post -- but before we get to far along, I want to be clear that my bid of $55.00 per 300 -400 word page, represents the minimum I would accept to participate.

I agree on this a 3 dollar/2 dollar per 100 words is far to great a cost for me to cover at this moment I would really like to have a fixed about per 2500 words

Thoughts?

Admin
Admin

https://phoenixwar.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Accept the Pricing

Post  rizvana Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Hello,

I can start working on this pricing and I am into writing field since 5 years now even though not into the fiction type.

I can give my best shot and I accept the price suggested by you $65 per 2500words.

Thanks. Would like to get started soon.
Riz

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Re: Pricing Concerns

Post  Admin Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 pm

rizvana wrote:Hello,

I can start working on this pricing and I am into writing field since 5 years now even though not into the fiction type.

I can give my best shot and I accept the price suggested by you $65 per 2500words.

Thanks. Would like to get started soon.
Riz

Yes You may begin Rizvana I will make sure My end of the bargin is kept

The Deadline should be between Feb 7th-10th Is this aceptable for your article on Steampunk?

Do you need another article topic?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Price

Post  cameroncowan Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:22 am

Although the price is a bit low. I would accept $50 for 2500 words.

cameroncowan

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Sounds Good

Post  jswilliam Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Since this is what we more or less agreed upon anyhow, I agree.

jswilliam

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Is there any other topics to start with ease, after which I can pick up more?

Post  rizvana Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi Allan,

Is there any other topics with ease to start with ? Else, I shall start with the same. Also, could you give me the details?

Word count should be 2500 words?

And the topic...let me know....

Also is there any other instructions like peculiar title type or any other things?

Do let me know
I can submit before 10th Feb.

Waiting to hear from you
Thanks
Riz

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Can start with steampunk itself.

Post  rizvana Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi Allan,

I see steampunk is also a good topic as there are plenty of resources on the internet on it.

I can work on this itself. Also, I would like to whether there are any other specifications to be included in the article like a different format or any other.

Let me know to start.

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 am

rizvana wrote:Hi Allan,

I see steampunk is also a good topic as there are plenty of resources on the internet on it.

I can work on this itself. Also, I would like to whether there are any other specifications to be included in the article like a different format or any other.

Let me know to start.

it should be about

wheter steampunk is or is not a lasting genere of sience fiction or is it just a trend that will go out of fashion some day, or in reality has it been with us since sci fi began (like Verne and HJ Wells.)

Other than that I dont have any specifications

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Great! Thanks.

Post  rizvana Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Allan,

Got it now and I shall start on with this to submit before 10th Feb - 2500words.

Also what about Guru...what is the further step to proceed in that?

Do let me know.

Thanks.

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Just need some clarification...

Post  DET_Publishing Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:33 am

Admin wrote:One Main Issue we have is pricing concerns. This should be streamlined

Many of you are deeply concerned with this process and how you will get paid and I want to make it fair and manageable for everyone involved in this project. To be fair and balanced I would like for you all to agreed on one fixed price that all of you will share.

I want in reality and in common sense a flat rate of $50-$65 dollars per 2500 words

Steve Said this:
Allan,

I like your vision and your ideas for this novel and magazine. I think I can populate your world with intriguing and entertaining characters and plot lines for your readers. I also understand that you are just starting out on what hopes to be a glorious adventure for all concerned.

That having been said, my bid (which you had accepted) was for 330.00 for stories of the length you describe, which while considerably more than even the top amount of the range you mention here, it is considerably less than my usual rates of .50 to 1.00 per word for such submissions, offered in recognition of your "start-up" status. I understand that you are working with many writers, some of whom may be just starting out, students, or are otherwise in acceptance of such rates, and that may be the case with whom you addressed this post -- but before we get to far along, I want to be clear that my bid of $55.00 per 300 -400 word page, represents the minimum I would accept to participate.

I agree on this a 3 dollar/2 dollar per 100 words is far to great a cost for me to cover at this moment I would really like to have a fixed about per 2500 words

Thoughts?

I am willing to write for you at the prices you have stated above for the current time given that you are just starting off, but I would like it known that I would prefer that I be paid what I am worth which is what I bid on the project in Guru. I do expect that at some point in the future you will be raising the amount you pay for our submissions to you. All I need to know right now to move forward is do you want us to work off the story line that is currently being constructed in the lower section of this forum or can we work on a Sci-fi story of our own? I just need to know so that I can begin the work on the story for myself. I will put through the agreements on Guru tonight.

DET_Publishing

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Guru

Post  WeavingThoughts Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm

I have applied through Guru.

$50 for 2500 words is fine with me.

Can you please pay through escrow as promised?

WeavingThoughts

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty submit work on monday

Post  rizvana Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 am

Hi

I will be submitting the work on Monday, 14th Feb. Just taking a little time more to make it perfect.

Thanks. Is there any way I can contact you through email? and how Should I post the article?

What about Guru? Will you be escrowing the fund? Do let me know.

Please do let me know what has to be done in Guru again.

Do reply
rZ

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:00 pm

rizvana wrote:Hi

I will be submitting the work on Monday, 14th Feb. Just taking a little time more to make it perfect.

Thanks. Is there any way I can contact you through email? and how Should I post the article?

What about Guru? Will you be escrowing the fund? Do let me know.

Please do let me know what has to be done in Guru again.

Do reply
rZ

Hey Riz Email me the work at allanttucker@aol.com
I will pay you $65 through guru once I recive it send me an invoice i'm not shure how to pay you if you dont send me one on guru maybe someone could explain to me how to do that or pay in advance through escrew or some such thing I cant figure out how to do it. ]

Hey just email me the final and invoice me (if you cant do that just reply here and maybe someone can tell me/you what to do.)

Also post your final on the forum thanks man

Allan

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Project Agreement Posted

Post  rizvana Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:17 am

Hi Allan,

I have posted the project agreement and waiting for the approval of the same and for the issue of Escrow. I have the work completed with me and will submit it soon after the escrow is done.

Thanks. I will submit the article on steampunk and the invoice soon after the escrow is done!

Thanks. Do reply and let me know soon.
Riz

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty plz reply back and let me know about the agreement of the work.

Post  rizvana Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Allan,

I am expecting a reply from your side and also the acceptance of agreement.

Please reply back and let me know.

Thanks.
rZ

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 pm

rizvana wrote:Hi Allan,

I am expecting a reply from your side and also the acceptance of agreement.

Please reply back and let me know.

Thanks.
rZ

Hey Rz I have accepted your agreement Please send me an invoice and I will pay you when I recieve it.

Allan

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Work submitted and Invoice sent! Waiting for the new topic and payment.

Post  rizvana Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Hello

I have submitted the work and sent you the invoice request. Please do the needful at the earliest and also the next topic to start working!

thanks. Waiting to get reply from your side.
Riz

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Thanks for the payment! Would like to work on the next topic..

Post  rizvana Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the payment. Would like to know about future assignments.

Do reply
rZ

rizvana

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty Circumstance update...

Post  DET_Publishing Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:16 pm

Allen,

I am sorry about getting back to you so late on this project but I had a death in the family and did not discover until I got there that I was the executor to the will. All my work files and my laptop were still at home since I had planned only to be gone over the weekend and not for 3 weeks. I am still interested in working on your project and I submitted the project agreement on guru today. I will read over the 5 chapters today and tonight and begin writing the story as soon as the project agreement has been approved so that I know you are still interested in having me as one of your writers.

If you have any questions, you can email me at deterrell@det-enterprises.com and I will get back to you as quickly as I can. Thanks for understanding.

Eric

DET_Publishing

Back to top Go down

Pricing Concerns  Empty I am patiently waiting for the project agreement to be approved...

Post  DET_Publishing Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 am

I submitted the agreement through Guru and I have not heard anything back since. I am prepared to start writing the story but I cannot start on the project until I know for certain that I have your approval to do so. If you do not desire me on this project anymore then kindly go into guru and release me from it so I am not having it show as being hired when I am not. I can have the story to you in just a few days from the time you approve the agreement. If you have some questions with something in the agreement then please contact me and let me know so that we can start moving forward on this project.

Eric

DET_Publishing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum